Initially called Green's Rents, the present name – initially recorded in 1799 – originates from the neighboring "columnists" church' of St Bride's, Fleet Street. The bizarre devotion is to the fifthcentury St Brigid of Kildare, a religiously-slanted young lady presumed to have been the little girl of an Irish ruler and a druidic slave.
Proof from unearthings taking after an air strike in 1940 recommends that this a player in the old London was home to a group of Irish pioneers, however obviously as of now London would have pulled in Celts as well as Angles and Saxons as well, and to be sure the same unearthings revealed Roman stays on the same site.
At any rate the eighth church to possess this recognize, the present building was worked by Christopher Wren in 1703 to supplant a past building which had torched in 1666. At this point the congregation had obtained its own particular flame motor for simply such a consequence, yet oh dear the superintendents had neglected to keep the machine 'scoured, oyled and trimmed' and it was of little utilize.